D22774: Add a button to the notes applet to clear formatting

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jul 27 17:07:24 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  The use of a broom-style clear button suggests to me that it will clear everything, not just formatting. I think we either need a new/better icon, or else to give the button some explanatory text.

  Also, it might be helpful to take a step back and look at the root cause issue. The problem is that when you paste formatted text, it preserves the formatting, and this is annoying for your use cases. Maybe there's another way we can fix this? Perhaps it could detect formatted text in a paste and ask whether or not you want to preserve it. Or we could add a new menu item and keyboard shortcut to paste without formatting (or paste without formatting by default, and make the new actions be the ones that preserve the formatting--this is how macOS handles this).

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons