D22535: Make kimpanel a system tray applet

Eike Hein noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jul 25 08:32:35 BST 2019

hein added a subscriber: gpark.
hein added a comment.

  To catch this up to the GSoC status:

  https://medium.com/@mujjingun_23509/google-summer-of-code-porting-keyboard-kcm-to-qt-quick-part-2-30c115771722

  Repo:

  https://cgit.kde.org/clones/plasma-desktop/gpark/gsoc-kcm-keyboard-revamp.git/?h=new_keyboard_kcm

  There were nice videos showing the improved kimpanel and the switching w/ OSD and KCM open and everything being in sync somewhere, too, but I can't find them off-hand.

  To be clear: I'm not saying this patch is bad, but rather that we're in the fortunate position that it doesn't need to be pushed into slaying the configuration beast all alone as the above response did. It's not correct, and also not necessary because there's an existing body of work to leverage!

  Between @gpark, @guoyunhe, me and others, the right thing to do is form a team to advance this together, and make this patch part of it. A good place to organize this effort can be around T11054 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T11054>.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop