D22429: Make "Updates Available" notification persistent but low priority

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 16 14:02:25 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In D22429#496180 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22429#496180>, @broulik wrote:

  > > That's kind of the point though. The user should be seeing these notifications and having to explicitly acknowledge them in some way;
  >
  > It wasn't nearly as annoying if a kded module was responsible for it and not the applet, so it wouldn't show up every single time I restart plasmashell which I tend to do a lot.

  Me too. However, this is a developer workflow, not a typical user workflow. Defaults should be optimized for users, not developers. Weirdos like us who are killing and restarting plasmashell 30 times a day can just turn off Discover's updates notification.

  I agree that it would be nice if we could somehow make the notification only appear when plasmashell is started due to a login, not every time.

  Will fix the code issues you bring up in another patch.

REPOSITORY
  R134 Discover Software Store