D22468: Rewrite KScreen KCM as ConfigModule with outputs model and Kirigami

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 15 20:23:21 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  For the scale slider, I'd put the numbers underneath, and have threenumbers; one on each end and one in the middle. So if the maximum value was 2x, it would look like this:

    1x         1.5x        2x

  I'm not sold on the proposal to use 1.25x increments, personally. For my personal use case, I like using 1.1x (13" 1080p screen) and I wouldn't want to lose that. Screen size and DPI combinations are so variable that I think it makes sense to support a higher level of precision. Apple can get away with their very low configurability because of tight control over the hardware that allows them to avoid selling machines where a given option wouldn't work.

  That said, I could get behind 0.25x increments if there's some "advanced" page or mods in the GUI that exposes 0.1 incrememebts, or even a spinbox or text box or something.

  Either is better than 0.2 increments though. As pointed out, that missed the all-important 1.5x.

  Regardless, +100 for turning on fractional scaling on Wayland!

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen