D22429: Make "Updates Available" notification persistent but low priority

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 15 15:26:41 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In D22429#495652 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22429#495652>, @broulik wrote:

  > Oh God, please not make it persistent. This notification comes up every single time I start plasmashell and now I have to explicitly manually get rid of it.

  That's kind of the point though. The user should be seeing these notifications and having to explicitly acknowledge them in some way; updates are important. If it's annoying for you, maybe you should turn Discover's notifications off entirely?

  Or maybe persistent/close on timeout behavior should be user-configurable. It actually is on macOS where each individual notification can be made persistent, close-on-timeout, or disabled.

  > Also I disagree security updates available notification should be "low urgency". Instead of making everything that shouldn't be in the history low priority (which is not what low priority means, it is just a side-effect) I would suggest you add a flag for `KNotification` to not keep in history.

  Fair point. I'll give it a go.

REPOSITORY
  R134 Discover Software Store