D22191: Implement syncing of theme preferences between SDDM and Plasma

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jul 11 06:26:55 BST 2019

filipf added a comment.

  In D22191#493949 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22191#493949>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D22191#493928 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22191#493928>, @filipf wrote:
  >
  > > In general we do need an additional message box which says sync successful or failed. And then in the case of failure it should state what failed.
  > >
  > > But as far as I can tell the operations won't fail. They're all conditional on values being existent or not and if things aren't in order they won't get carried out.
  >

  > Famous last words. :) You never know what situations users will get themselves into. Maybe they discover the feature while testing with a live CD where the root filesystem isn't writable, for example.

  If that's the case then the whole KCM needs to be disabled because any change made within it entails writing to root. This would be relevant to the function though when abstracted and used throughout KCMs. Another thing that crosses my mind in regards to failing is BSD (due to different generic paths), but I have no idea if they even use SDDM.

  Well whatever the case, I need to have a look at how to add all this fail/success info.

REPOSITORY
  R123 SDDM Configuration Panel (KCM)