D22210: Fix Name conflict between plasma.desktop and plasmawayland.desktop

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 2 21:45:07 BST 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  Yeah, I understand the situation.

  ----

  LightDM (when I worked on it at least) used to support the Icon property in the .desktop file.
  That'd be a quick and easy way to add an extra clarification on which one is wayland in the short term.

  -----

  Unless you get an SDDM release exactly in sync with the Plasma change, you still have "(wayland)" twice or potentially never.

  This patch only helps with the case where SDDM is updated first, but the UX is messy as the additional qualifier moves, which is very confusing. And it'll end up staying there forever just to solve a few weeks of hypothetics crossover.

  Given we need to do something horrific, the other option is we patch our .desktop file right now and then just manipulate the text to remove one "(wayland)" if needed. That's at least atomic, and then we can patch SDDM at our leisure later.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace