D18621: Add again a button to manually scan for wireless networks

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 31 14:42:31 GMT 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  Again, I think this is a "the user doesn't feel in control" issue. If a feature of the software cannot automatically anticipate and meet user needs with 100% reliability, then the user must be provided with a method to self-serve for the cases where the software 's automatic behaviors are insufficient.

  In theory, refreshing upon open and every 15 seconds after that should be sufficient. But if for some reason it's not, then without a refresh button, the user doesn't feel in control and loses confidence in your software, and then they get upset and start filing nitpicky bugs and complaining on Reddit.

  Again, we went through the exact same thing in Discover. We made the same arguments. We explained the same things to our users. In the end we wound up giving them a button anyway and the complaints immediately stopped, as though flicking a switch.

REPOSITORY
  R116 Plasma Network Management Applet