D18621: Add again a button to manually scan for wireless networks

Valerio Pilo noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 31 12:29:52 GMT 2019

vpilo added a comment.
Herald added 1 blocking reviewer(s): jgrulich.

  But there are legit cases where this timeout is way too long for no reason.

  If you close the popup and reopen it before the NM timeout expires, then the first request will fail, no attempt will be made at redoing the scan, and you're stuck for 30 seconds with the same list.
  If your device takes 1 second for a full scan, you still have an useless wait of 5 more seconds before you can see the new wifi list.

  All this while an user with a phone in their hand can already see updated wifi lists every 3-5 seconds, while the pc lags terribly behind. Honestly, if there was a way to configure away this 10s NM timeout, I would do it straight away. I'd also immediately try to add a configuration checkbox in the applet to disable it.

REPOSITORY
  R116 Plasma Network Management Applet