D18621: Add again a button to manually scan for wireless networks

Jan Grulich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 31 06:21:15 GMT 2019

jgrulich added a comment.

  In D18621#402605 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18621#402605>, @alexeymin wrote:

  > In D18621#402558 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18621#402558>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > In my opinion, this sort of thing is a "help the user feel in control" issue.
  >

  > +1, it would be cool to have a button to scan for wireless networks. Today I tried to connect to Wi-Fi while having a wired connection activated, and no W-Fi networks were shown in plasma-nm applet. I had to use `nmtui` to connect to wireless net, so shame that plasma-nm lacks this functionality.

  I will repeat myself, but this shouldn't be needed at all. If you open the applet, it immediately triggers new scan, which means that opening the applet and clicking on the rescan button will have zero effect, because there is some time you need to wait before you can request a new scan. It may take a while before your networks appear while the scan is being done.

REPOSITORY
  R116 Plasma Network Management Applet