D18419: Adjust some KCMs to implement new Appearance section layout

Andres Betts noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 25 15:16:28 GMT 2019

abetts added a comment.

  In D18419#397699 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18419#397699>, @ngraham wrote:

  > I'm trying to get a sense of when we should do this.
  >
  > 1. Improve text on existing QWidgets KCMs to conform to the HIG
  > 2. Re-arrange weird layouts for existing QWidgets KCMs to conform to the HIG
  > 3. Port all QWidgets KCMs to QML
  > 4. Merge various KCMs together (e.g. Icons and Emoticons, Widget Style and GNOME Applications Style (GTK))
  >
  >   Between which items should this re-org be located?

  I my mind, it would be #5 since we know that through the porting and improvements we make to the kcms, we end up making them look vastly different, in some cases. This makes it so that a KCM doesn't really belong to the same category anymore. We also discovered that we have a few KCMs with just a couple of options that would make them move to a new category. That would change the organization again.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop