D17975: [Notifications] Add padding to notifications

Root noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 9 00:21:44 GMT 2019

rooty added a comment.

  > I wouldn't want the attitude of "breaking other themes is unfortunate, but.." becoming a pattern because openness to customization is our main selling point.

  You've made your point. But allow me to flesh it out  - it seems we've reached an impasse; in simple terms, you're either going to maintain the themes and restrict Plasma's growth or you're going to remedy the problems this widget has exhibited and step on a few toes.

  You can, in fact, modify Breeze to add padding, sure. But if you do so, you can't move the notification text up (or around, if you should want to). I'm kind of belaboring the point here - that means you can't get padding that stretches and contracts naturally depending on how much notification content there is. (I never wanted **just** padding.)

  You can also manipulate the notification icon to achieve the same effect that I achieved by lowering the value of topMargin of the notification heading. However even then, padding that's arrived at through theme manipulation is still always going to remain the same.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace