D18005: Include only the largest size for each wallpaper

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 7 10:45:28 GMT 2019

filipf added a comment.

  I've booted up Debian 8, KDE SC version 4.14.2. The wallpapers scaled nicely there so I understand your curiosity.

  Taking a look at this list (https://packages.debian.org/de/jessie/all/kde-wallpapers/filelist) I notice three things:

  1. some of the wallpapers are not manually cropped at all -> you don't see it here but the default Oxygen wallpaper Elarun also came only in one size (2560x1600), at least in Debian 8
  2. if the wallpapers are cropped, they're not cropped for all sizes
  3. the cropped sizes differ between wallpapers

  This leads me to speculate that cropping was done mainly due to artistic reasons. The wallpaper chooser explicitly lists resolutions so this may hint at some problems before 4.14, but that's before my time as well.

REPOSITORY
  R131 Plasma Wallpapers

BRANCH
  keep-only-largest-size (branched from master)