D18005: Include only the largest size for each wallpaper

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 7 09:04:57 GMT 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  > @filipf That looks about right!

  It's not. That's only within 5.x.

  This code has been around since at least ede349f8f2db9930c96ab4e56f9440ba82c24cb7 <https://phabricator.kde.org/R524:ede349f8f2db9930c96ab4e56f9440ba82c24cb7> on kde-workspace which was before KDE 4.2

  > Reading through that bug report, it looks like we do some magic to avoid storing huge pixmaps in memory

  http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-image.html#sourceSize-prop

  Effectively it's a resize before the texture upload, rather than being done in the shader every frame.
  Only the resized version will be in memory, but it will be the uncropped version which is why you sometimes still see a tiny increase.

REPOSITORY
  R131 Plasma Wallpapers

BRANCH
  keep-only-largest-size (branched from master)