D17975: [WIP, Notifications] Add padding to notifications

Root noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 5 04:54:01 GMT 2019

rooty marked an inline comment as done.
rooty added a comment.

  In D17975#386685 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17975#386685>, @ngraham wrote:

  > A bit more padding is good!
  >
  > 1. Making this pixel-perfect with every combination of font and font size is going to be impossible sadly. With that in mind, the most elegant design is one that makes this not a problem, because it doesn't have to be pixel-perfect and all the baselines are at least aligned.

  Yeah...

  > 2. No matter what you pick here, it will look wrong in some cases. :(  If you anchor the icon to the top left, it will look bad the moment there's a second line of text. But if you vertically center it, then it looks bad anytime the notification is tall. Judgment call I think, but personally I'm in favor of anchoring it to the top left.

  Top left sounds good. I'm on the fence to be honest, but I thought to myself hey this is a problem for another diff anyway so why not take care of the padding first 😆

INLINE COMMENTS

> hein wrote in NotificationItem.qml:175
> Fractions of smallSpacing can lead to subpixel positioning causing blurry text.

Is there any way around this? Because if it's not 0.75 then it's shifted too far down (uneven padding)

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace