D19369: [sddm-theme] Remove login screen blur effect

Krešimir Čohar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 27 22:16:07 GMT 2019

rooty added a comment.

  In D19369#421405 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19369#421405>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > RE: blur
  >
  > To do it the same way that patch did it in the end (Using sRGB textures) would require a Qt patch. That would magically fix all shaders. I've not tried, but it certainly looks feasible.
  >  (Patch QSGMaterial to have a flag to push/pop GL_FRAMEBUFFER_SRGB) then patch QQuickOpenGlShaderEffect.cpp then add an option in QQuickShaderEffect)
  >
  > Alternatively:
  >  We could copy and paste the FastBlur and square the fragment colours locally.

  Sounds good! Way over my head but :D I like the idea of using sRGB in Qt as well.

  P.S. It just occurred to me - if we kept the blur (and tweaked it a little) and used the same sddm background on the splash screen, we could get a "deblur as you unlock" effect.
  Even better, if the user should decide to use the same background on the login screen, the splash screen and their desktop, the login could end up looking really nice and seamless.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace