D19325: [sddm-theme/lock screen] WIP, Tighten clock shadows

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 26 15:54:35 GMT 2019

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  I expected to hate this, but it turns out I don't. :) It looks legible enough with all the backgrounds I typically test against except for the most challenging ones of all for white text:

  F6639743: Snowy trees.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6639743>

  F6639746: Snowy horse.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6639746>

  Other semi-challenging backgrounds work okay:

  F6639744: Dao.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6639744>

  F6639747: Iceberg.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6639747>

  F6639748: Synapse.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6639748>

  Also, +1 for making the color "black" again. In retrospect I don't think using a color from the theme makes sense. Shadows should always be black, not dark gray or any other color (which would make them into a glow, not a shadow).

  However, the Request Changes is for two reasons:

  1. Shouldn't we do this for the shadows under the usernames too?
  2. I'm not sold on the visual appearance. No other shadow in KDE Software that I'm familiar with looks like this, with a low spread, a hard edge, and the light source shining from the top left. It's not that it looks bad, but it doesn't look like it really fits in with anything else. Thoughts?

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace