D19214: [sddm-theme] WIP, Replace login button label with icon

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Feb 22 01:43:42 GMT 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In D19214#417185 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19214#417185>, @rooty wrote:

  > Issues unresolved so far:
  >  (1) Should this be done at all?

  I think so!

  > (2) Should the password field + login button be centered, or should just the password field be centered and the login button lie to its right? Especially considering the impact it would have on the user prompt screen

  I like the current approach where the field+button are centered. Looks great to me.

  > (3) Should the opacity of the login button (and/or the password field) remain at 100%? Especially considering the fact that (a) the theme doesn't really have a white background for any other element and (b) users can't choose color schemes for the SDDM theme, and users that prefer Breeze Dark might not take too kindly to such a white username field, password field and login button.

  I understand that there are login screens out there that have blurry translucent text fields and buttons, and that the overall effect looks good. I'd potentially be up for something like that here, but it would probably have to be extensively designed and built. I'm not sure if just turning down the opacity on the existing UI elements would cut it.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace