D19077: Redesign the theme preview window

Krešimir Čohar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 21 00:41:36 GMT 2019

rooty added a comment.

  In D19077#416427 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19077#416427>, @filipf wrote:

  > @davidedmundson yes, so without the hack I get this happening:
  >
  > F6627430: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6627430>
  >
  > When using childrenRect, I believe the rectangle's height is properly adjusted for the **tallest** theme preview, but ends up being too short for the other ones, thereby exposing the white-backgrounded QQuickWidget that contains this QML file.
  >
  > The hack unfortunately throws the root Rectangle's height property in a binding loop, but seems to be effective in both adjusting the height and not having the underlying widget exposed.

  If I remove that extra rectangle (the hack) and add one unit of largeSpacing to line 24, everything works both on Arch and on Neon
  F6627438: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6627438>
  (I changed the layout of Background to accommodate the qml label margins, still working on the wallpaper button tho)

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in main.qml:39
> can you explain this?
>
> It's the size of root and the same colour

i removed this extra rectangle and added large.Spacing to the height at line 24 and everything works fine both on my arch rig and on neon?

REPOSITORY
  R123 SDDM Configuration Panel (KCM)