D18918: Make the text of "View Settings" action more specific

Michail Vourlakos noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 12 16:36:09 GMT 2019

mvourlakos added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> menu.cpp:68
>
> -    m_addWidgetsAction = new QAction(QIcon::fromTheme("add"), i18n("Add Widgets..."), this);
> +    m_addWidgetsAction = new QAction(QIcon::fromTheme("add"), i18n("&Add Widgets..."), this);
>      m_addWidgetsAction->setStatusTip(i18n("Show Plasma Widget Explorer"));

when we add character & in the menus it means that a modifier+&Letter activates that option what is the shortcut that add widgets?

> menu.cpp:78
>
> -    m_configureAction = new QAction(QIcon::fromTheme("configure"), i18nc("view settings window", "View Settings..."), this);
> -    m_configureAction->setShortcut(QKeySequence());
> +    m_configureAction = new QAction(QIcon::fromTheme("configure"), i18nc("view settings window", "View &Settings..."), this);
> +

when we add character & in the menus it means that a modifier+&Letter activates that option what is the shortcut that shows dock settings? it has been chosen to be Meta+A so that change does not respond to something

> menu.cpp:84
>      m_layoutsAction = m_switchLayoutsMenu->menuAction();
> -    m_layoutsAction->setText(i18n("Layouts"));
> +    m_layoutsAction->setText(i18n("&Layouts"));
>      m_layoutsAction->setIcon(QIcon::fromTheme("user-identity"));

when we add character & in the menus it means that a modifier+&Letter activates that option what is the shortcut that shows Latte layouts menu? none, this shouldnt be applied also

> trmdi wrote in menu.cpp:91
> Yes, it's needed. Because when you're opening the Setting window and you right click on the view, it will close the Setting window, not a nice behavior. So we should hide it when the Setting window is opening.

ok this a behavior change irrelevant with the patch but ok we can keep it

REPOSITORY
  R878 Latte Dock