D18809: Image Wallpaper Slideshow - display the list of images that will be shown

David Redondo noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Feb 8 16:22:10 GMT 2019

davidre added a comment.

  In D18809#407355 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18809#407355>, @ngraham wrote:

  > This is a huge improvement over what we have right now. Very nice job!

  Thanks!

  > A few behavioral issues:
  >
  > - After removing a folder, the wallpaper grid should update immediately to reflect that

  It doesn't work for you? Maybe I missed something in the diff, I will try to upload a video.

  > - The individual elements in the wallpaper grid now can't be individually chosen as wallpapers, so there's no need for them to be selectable anymore

  I think I need help with that.

  > And a design issue: now that it's not taking up the full width, the folder list manages to feel space-inefficient while also eliding the text most of the time. And there's not so much room left for the wallpaper grid so it feels a bit scrunched, especially in System Settings at the default window size:
  >  F6598236: A bit scrunched.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6598236>
  >
  > I would recommend showing just the folder name, not the full path. Then you can reduce its width a bit, so that it's say, a maximum of 25% of the total layout width. Right now it's more like 33-40% of the total width most of the time which feels too wide.

  Done. Now the problem is, that if you add two folders with the same name you cannot know which is which, Maybe it would be possible to add a tooltip?

  > Ideas for further improvement (not necessary in this patch, but nice to have)
  >
  > - The Remove button should show up on hover rathet than being always visible. If you use a Kirigami `SwipeListItem` instead of a `BasicListItem`, this will happen automatically if you implement the remove button as an action. Here is an example: https://cgit.kde.org/discover.git/tree/discover/qml/SourcesPage.qml#n160

  Done.

  > - It might be nice to add an "Open Containing Folder" action to the folder list items, too

  Done.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace