Thunderbolt KCM

Rajeesh K V rajeeshknambiar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 05:22:59 GMT 2019

First, is this something you Plasma folks would like to have in regular
> Plasma
> releases, or should I just make it an extragear project? If you think it
> makes
> sense to include it in Plasma, should it go to plasma-workspace, or should
> it
> be a standalone thing, like plasma-nm? It does have a runtime dependency
> on
> the Bolt daemon, which people without Thunderbolt in their computer don't
> really need...

FWIW, Gnome has great support for Thunderbolt devices (see [1] and blog
posts therein, and the design [2]). With more and more devices supporting
Thunderbolt, I suspect it would be great to offer the support in Plasma
Workspace. Just my 2ยข.

[1]
https://christian.kellner.me/2018/04/23/the-state-of-thunderbolt-3-in-fedora-28/
[2]  https://wiki.gnome.org/Design/Whiteboards/ThunderboltAccess