D18621: Add again a button to manually scan for wireless networks

Jan Grulich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Feb 1 07:17:51 GMT 2019

jgrulich added a comment.

  If it wil be made configurable, you wouldn't be still able to use it, without depending on newer NM version.

  I don't see a big deal doing it this way:

  1. Applet opened → request a scan
  2. If the scan didn't go well, because we hit the 10s timout, go for another one in 5 seconds
  3. Repeat step 2 if it failed again (two tries should be enough)
  4. Continue with 15s interval

  This re-scan thing can be implemented in the replyFinished() signal where you know it failed. If in case 2 or 3 it successfuly made a scan, then we should reset the timer in the applet, otherwise you end up with 20+ seconds again.

REPOSITORY
  R116 Plasma Network Management Applet