D26256: [WIP][Applet] Make 'raise maximum volume' global

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 28 17:00:54 GMT 2019

ngraham added reviewers: VDG, Plasma, drosca.
ngraham added a subscriber: drosca.
ngraham added a comment.

  Thanks for this patch. I won't try to make you go forward with something you don't agree with, so let's continue the discussion here and hopefully we can reach a consensus of some sort.

  IIRC VDG people decided that 1) it made sense to have only a single way to raise the maximum volume rather than two, 2) that this single method should be global rather than per-app/per-device because global is simpler, more comprehensible, and more likely to be what the user wants to do, and 3) that the option to do this should be more discoverable than being in the config window.

  Adding #VDG <https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/vdg/> for more comments, and see T10470 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T10470> for more details. Also adding @drosca as he's the maintainer.

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet