D26234: [Applet] Unify 'raise maximum volume' and 'maximum volume'

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 26 20:05:30 GMT 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  I think there is a deeper UI issue here in that there are two ways to raise the maximum volume that live in different places: one globally in the settings page, and another on a per-app/device basis accessed from the app/device's hamburger menu. Even if all the bugs with the individual modes are fixed (thanks for that), having two ways to do the same thing, with only differences in scope, seems like unnecessary specificity that is not likely to help most users. I wonder if we should instead unify on one or another, or at least only show the config UI for raising the maximum volume in one place rather than two.

  What do you think?

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet