D20569: RFC: Use more compact OSD

Alex Debus noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 22 17:11:19 GMT 2019

alexde added a comment.

  Since the most common problem that people have is "the OSD gets in the way when I change the volume while playing a video", how about only changing those OSD styles for the "volume" and "brightness" and leave the rest as it is with their characteristic appearance and visual distinctiveness?

  The volume/brightness OSDs could be displayed horizontally like in the OT or vertically as I posted in another Diff <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14949#580117>:
  F7825127: Mockup.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7825127>

  As Roman already suggested <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14949#580132>, the compact version could be used by default in full screen apps (only).
  Though, I personally would not mind to have options exposed in the systemsettings.

  ---

  P.S. Should this and the other discussion <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14949> probably summed up in a Task for further discussions?

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace