D25984: Load translations

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 15 17:02:15 GMT 2019

kossebau added a comment.

  In D25984#578306 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25984#578306>, @kossebau wrote:

  > Hm, though now I am confused why calling this from `KirigamiPlugin::initializeEngine` fixes things for you, the static struct constructor of that startup hook technology in the lib should be invoked before during loading, no?

  Looking at the ECM generated code, that one sees to do the catalog loading in the main thread, and if not in the main thread already using a timer event to trigger the loading there.
  While the plugin is loaded in another thread (called "QQmlThread" by what my debug output told me).

    INIT CATALOG HOOKUP QThread(0x564b8c8c6fb0, name = "QQmlThread")
    INIT ENGINE QThread(0x564b8c3a28d0)

  Which explains to me why your patch then fixes things.

  No idea/proposal about/for a proper solution, but at least my curiousity is satisfied for now for what is broken here :/

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami