D19890: Reduce the indicator arrow size for press-and-hold menus in QToolButtons

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Dec 13 22:47:15 GMT 2019

ndavis added a comment.

  We could also do these things:

  - In Dolphin, mimic the back/forward buttons in Firefox/Chromium/Falkon by making the right click menu provide the history instead of the normal menu for manipulating the toolbar. Inconsistent with what we normally do, but not unexpected for anyone used to web browsers. Clicking and holding is also awkward and slow for mouse and touchpad users.
  - Remove the feature. It's not essential, but it is nice to have.

  In D19890#577207 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19890#577207>, @ngraham wrote:

  > I honestly think ignoring the problem is the best solution, because it's not even really a problem in practice: the vast, overwhelming majority of icons use correct margins, especially action icons which are going to be the ones used 99.9% of the time in buttons that will get these corner arrows. The alternative is to regress something significant for a more common use case or abandon this change and live with user complaints about these buttons taking up too much space, neither of which seem very appealing.

  What are correct margins though? Margins are only correct if following an HIG that requires margins. There are no universally correct margins.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze