D23566: Move code to send signals and set priority of processes to a dedicated object

Arjen Hiemstra noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 29 18:11:57 BST 2019

ahiemstra added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in process_controller.h:89
> Eww, it would be better if we could make this a qwindow, but I see you're limited by current KAuth

Agreed. I did look at what would be needed to do that, but the entire widget thing is embedded pretty deeply in KAuth. Luckily, for QML we can probably just leave this out. We won't get window modality, but that's the only drawback. I added this mostly so we don't have any regressions in the current UI.

> davidedmundson wrote in ksysguardprocesslist.cpp:1316
> If we're invoking this from QML any call that spawns an event loop has the potential to crash.
>
> box = new KMessageBox()
> box->setAttribute(DeleteOnClose);
> box->show();
>
> would probably help

That's why the ProcessController does not have this code - my intention was to have the UI bits handled completely by QML, so you end up creating an instance of ProcessController, then just call sendSignal or whatever and get a result back, then QML can handle that result. This code is the ProcessList widget that we shouldn't be using in QML anyway.

REPOSITORY
  R111 KSysguard Library