D22176: Rework system tray settings

Konrad Materka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 27 09:01:44 BST 2019

kmaterka added a comment.

  In D22176#519600 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22176#519600>, @nicolasfella wrote:

  > I think QQC1 TableView and the new TableView are quite different things. I had some issues with the QQC1 TableView and my new Model, so I decided to use something else, but I can revisit this

  I'm not insisting on TableView, I'm not even a KDE developer so don't listen to me :) I also had problems with QQC1 TableView. modelData property is not available if you use data model directly. It is undocumented property (in fact it is documented <https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtquick-modelviewsdata-cppmodels.html#qobjectlist-based-model>, but not directly), available only if you use List/array of objects. That's why in D23413 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23413> I'm rewriting model to an array of objects. Ugly, but works with minimal effort.

  New TableView is very different but at least it correctly manages the model. I didn't try it yet, but most probably is is not ready for use yet. AFAIK it lacks header support, no sorting, ordering etc, no automatic banded rows etc. In other works it is not a component, but a base for it. It would be great to have reusable TableView component (based on new TableView) in KDE, if someone is willing to implement one :)

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace