D23389: Use "Make default" buttons to switch the default device

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Aug 24 19:21:45 BST 2019

ndavis added a comment.

  In D23389#518211 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23389#518211>, @ngraham wrote:

  > I'm also not a fan of icons-only buttons, because their meaning is ambiguous unless the icon is //perfect//. And we don't have a perfect icon here. We could try moving the button down to the next row: F7276552: Screenshot_20190824_112852.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7276552>
  >
  > Even then, in Russian (from Google Translate at least), the text is quite long: F7276554: Screenshot_20190824_113117.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7276554>
  >
  > I can add a note for translators that this string should be kept as short as possible.
  >
  > Would moving the button to the second row work better? What do people think?

  Even in English, I don't think that's a good button placement. The volume slider should definitely not be shortened. My headphones are usually only comfortable around 40% volume or less, so that significantly shortens the usable area of the slider. From the look of your settings, it looks like it's the same for you.

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet