D23306: Add AppStream metadata file

Matthias Klumpp noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 20 21:12:21 BST 2019

mak added a comment.

  In D23306#515577 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23306#515577>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Adjust according to review comments

  You'll also highly likely want to set `compulsory_for_desktop` ( https://www.freedesktop.org/software/appstream/docs/chap-CollectionData.html#tag-ct-compulsory_for_desktop ) to prevent this app to be removable on Plasma.
  So adding

    <compulsory_for_desktop>KDE</compulsory_for_desktop>
    <compulsory_for_desktop>Plasma</compulsory_for_desktop>

  will do the trick (AppStream recognizes "Plasma", but the desktop is actually known as "KDE" everywhere in Freedesktop, so just using "KDE" would probably be sufficient and compatible with everything. Having "Plasma" as well won't hurt though)
  Ypu may want FSFAP <https://spdx.org/licenses/FSFAP.html> as `metadata_license` as it's much shorter than CC0 and mixes well with GPL. However that's a personal choice and not required for anything. CC0 would work just fine.

REPOSITORY
  R124 System Settings