D23122: Enable enhanced media controls by default

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 13 08:34:45 BST 2019

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, davidedmundson, fvogt.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Media Sessions API usage becomes more and more common, so it is quite nice to get proper album art. Also, calling into media session for play/pause when the website provides them is nicer than blatantly calling `pause()` on the player item.
  It also isn't as invasive as the original implementation used to be since it doesn't manipulate the website DOM anymore.

TEST PLAN
  I've been using this forever without any hickups.
  I also couldn't reproduce the Bug 397684 at all and likely to have been caused by the HTML element we injected into the website throwing off some JS templating lib.

  David I think said once that he could reproduce it or is running home assist, so can you check if it works for you still?

REPOSITORY
  R856 Plasma Browser Integration

AFFECTED FILES
  extension/_locales/en/messages.json