D23080: [GTK3 -> Chrome/ium] Tweak tab stylings

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Aug 11 22:09:37 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  Now it's is literally impossible to tell which tab is active when the window is inactive with the default Breeze color scheme:
  F7205056: Screenshot_20190811_150843.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7205056>

  This doesn't happen with all color schemes I tested but it's a problem with Breeze.

  I'm uneasy approving a change that is so dependent on the user's color scheme to look good--especially if it has problems with the default color scheme. For any color scheme where the titlebar is strongly contrasting with the window background, the top of the window just looks super duper overwhelming to me. It results in a look we have anywhere else and with the default Breeze color scheme I think it looks super heavy:
  F7205054: Screenshot_20190811_150818.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7205054>

  The only color schemes I can find where I think it looks good are light ones like Breeze Light, Breath, and Materia Light:

  Breeze light: F7205047: Screenshot_20190811_150346.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7205047>
  Breath: F7205049: Screenshot_20190811_150547.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7205049>
  Materia light: F7205041: Screenshot_20190811_150125.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7205041>

REPOSITORY