D22774: Add a button to the notes applet to clear formatting

Luca Carlon noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Aug 4 15:03:14 BST 2019

luc4 added a comment.

  Hello, I'm not a Plasma expert, but I tried to investigate the situation a bit in Qt and plasma-framework. My understanding is that the notes applet is using TextArea from QtQuick.Controls 1. TextArea 1 creates an edit menu inside Qt, probably the one defined in EditMenu_base.qml <https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtquickcontrols.git/tree/src/controls/Private/EditMenu_base.qml>. I see it is probably possible to replace this. Not sure if this can be modified, it is not public.

  I could not find a default edit menu in QtQuick.Controls 2. I see that plasma-framework also includes a template for TextArea from QtQuick.Controls 2. It may be possible to define a edit menu in the template, making it disabled by default. This would have the benefit of showing a menu with a more consistent look.

  Can someone confirm this? What about upgrading the TextArea element in notes to QtQuick.Controls 2 and adding the menu in the template in plasma-frameworks? Or is there a edit menu available already somewhere? If someone could provide a hint I may be able to go on with this. Thanks!

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons