D20908: RFC: Redesign QML applet configuration windows

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 30 09:06:20 BST 2019

filipf added a comment.

  In D20908#458426 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20908#458426>, @broulik wrote:

  > I was wondering, wouldn't it also make sense to change the layout to be Icon left of text to make it even more consistent with System Settings? Or will that eat too much horizontal space?

  That would be even more consistent, although we should probably take into account the differences between the two cases ie. the number of categories.

  When it comes to applet configuration, the most categories I've ever run into was 10 in Event Calendar, and you can still fit all of them vertically on a 1080p screen easily.

  But lot of applets only have 2 categories. So yeah if we do row layouts we'd be using more horizontal space, however we've got a lot of vertical space so there's no need to make that trade-off IMO.

  _____

  BTW implementation wise here's one reason why what I did here is not a good solution:

  F6801185: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6801185>

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop