D20819: Make really sure we show an error message in case saving failed

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 25 15:54:29 BST 2019

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, fvogt.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  When the extension is reloaded, its context is invalidated and any call to an extension API would just throw.
  Catch the most important bits of error reporting on save, so you're not left wondering why your settings don't change.

TEST PLAN
  Was working on some settings bits, had to reload the extension often to test things and was always wondering why it didn't do anything when I forgot to also reload the settings page

  Now at least I get an error of sorts:

  > Saving settings failed (Error: Extension context invalidated.)

REPOSITORY
  R856 Plasma Browser Integration

AFFECTED FILES
  extension/options.js