D20569: RFC: Use more compact OSD

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 15 09:38:57 BST 2019

broulik added a comment.

  >   No matter where you place it, given that you can e.g. press the volume button multiple times whilst notifications are incoming, placement will be tricky and, depending on how it is solved, jumpy.

  With the new system shouldn't it be too bad. I can stick the OSD at the position closest to the panel so it never moves as notifications come and go, they would just be positioned above/below the sticky OSD. That's what I'm doing with critical notifications and job progress there and it works well. Changing the sort order to prioritize "OSDs" even more than critical notifications is easy. The OSD will not jump, the notifications that are shifted ouf of the way might move, yes, but I don't think that's gonna be too awful.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace