D20569: RFC: Use more compact OSD

Christian noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 15 09:36:33 BST 2019

Fuchs added a comment.

  I like the first, small but centered variant.

  But I can see how people might want it differently: most of the time I use my PC for work. I assume if you are watching movies on it, a centered design is more of a bother than a corner one, whilst for work the center one is easier to spot.

  Center also is rather sure to not clash with regular notifications, and I would not treat the OSD the same as notifications. No matter where you place it, given that you can e.g. press the volume button multiple times whilst notifications are incoming, placement will be tricky and, depending on how it is solved, jumpy.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace