Notes for monday meeting meeting of 8/4/2019

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 11:13:54 BST 2019

Kai Uwe:
Work done:
 - Attended Augsburger Linux-Info-Tag
 -- Feedback about Plasma was overwhelmingly positive, people love what we're
doing :)
 - Mostly finished notification rewrite
 -- Patches up on phabricator, split in lib D20265 and plasmoid D20266
 Diff 20265 "Introduce libnotificationmanager" [Needs Review] https://
phabricator.kde.org/D20265
 Diff 20266 "Add new notification plasmoid" [Needs Review] https://
phabricator.kde.org/D20266
 --- There will be some minor tweaks here and there but overall is done/
reviewable
 -- KCM somewhat WIP still
 -- Merged most patches needed for KNotification and KConfig, D20196
 Diff 20196 "Add Notify capability to KConfigXT" [Needs Review] https://
phabricator.kde.org/D20196
 Work todo:
 - Some tweaks and cleanups in notification stuff
 - Finish KCM and put it up for review
 - Make KWin somehow allow to put critical notifications on top of fullscreen
windows
 -- will probably make a new CriticalNotifcation window type...

Eike:
Work done:
 * Ported the Kicker menus backend to the new KWorkspace API David wrote,
which is pleasant and moves a lot of of lower-level business logic out of
Kicker
 * Various code reviews
 $dayjob has me very busy (on a KDE-related project), so I have limited time
to participate in Plasma atm

Marco:
Kirigami:
* heuristic detection of icons that are really monochrome

--
Marco Martin