Plasma Dev Docs questions

Juan Carlos Torres jucato at kdemail.net
Sat Apr 6 12:54:58 BST 2019

Hi Jonathan and David!

Thanks for the replies and sorry for not getting back to you ASAP.

It's good there's Workboard for some of those tasks already. Will be
easier to keep track of them at least and hopefully we can get the ball
rolling in the next few months. Wish it could be faster but if we had
enough manpower for docs, we wouldn't be in this state in the first place.

I thought that the desktop scripting tutorials are going to be moved to
userbase (the Plasma ones are already there):

https://userbase.kde.org/KDE_System_Administration/PlasmaDesktopScripting

Regardless, both scripting guides would have to be updated anyway and
it's quite a lengthy one.

It does seem we have a bit of a problem with QML support in our apidocs.
If I'm not mistaken, it's a limitation with Doxygen that KApidox uses. It
does
already use Doxyqml but the output is less than ideal. It's another area
we'll have to investigate whether it can be approved or, if not, use a
different
system like how ECM and the HIG do it (with Sphinx).

--
Regards,

Juan Carlos Torres
Jucato