T5412: Improve Plasma PA usability

Maksim Muruev noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Sep 30 00:28:02 BST 2018

maksimm removed romangg as the assignee of this task.
maksimm added a comment.

  It's closed, but I have some problem with outputs in PulseAudio. I have HDMI multichannel headphones (has stereo, 5.1, 7.1 profiles), but two lattes only available in a list if headphones station is ON on system boot time. Restart pulse daemon only duplicates stereo devices in the list. Another complexity is what I also have HDMI monitor with speakers (headphones station works as HDMI switch). What I wish then headphones station is on use maximum channels possible profile on HDMI if not then default soundcard. Now it's possible on workflow like this station ON ->system reboot -> sound output selection -> use -> never switch station off otherwise multichannel option stop working, but will be in the list. Also if the station is off then sound works from HDMI monitor, which logical but undesired.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T5412