D15744: [weather applet] Fix unwanted ruling of implicit icon sizes on displayed size

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 25 14:13:07 BST 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  Thanks for look, Will update based on feedback later today.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in ForecastView.qml:38
> `Layout.preferredWidth` defaults to `implicitWidth`, see [1] on the "preference order"
>
> [1] https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtquicklayouts-overview.html#specifying-preferred-size

I  did this code to spare some `if Layout && Layout.preferredWidth && Layout.preferredWidth > 0 { use Layout.preferredWidth } else { else use implicitWidth) in the calculation, seems that was not obvious outside my brain :)
Guess I should then not do that optimization, no big loss, will change.

> broulik wrote in ForecastView.qml:119
> You can just do `children[i].Layout.preferredWidth`, no need for a "proxy" property
>
> Also, shouldn't it rather be
>
>   for (var i = 0; i < repeater.count; ++i) {
>       var child = repeater.itemAt(i);
>   }
>
> Also I *think* that should auto-propagate, no?

Had not yet tried to look at repeater childs, let me try that.

At least from what I remember about testing any auto-propagation from repeater & loader, this did not work as expected, so I turned to do all explicitly. Though not exactly sure what you mean with "that"?

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons