D15598: Sort icon and cursor themes case-insensitively

Wolfgang Bauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 20 10:46:35 BST 2018

wbauer added a comment.

  In D15598#328747 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15598#328747>, @wbauer wrote:

  > I suppose that's because, according to the QSortFilterProxyModel docs, `At this point, neither sorting nor filtering is enabled; the original data is displayed in the view.`
  >  Apparently you need to explicitly call sort() on the proxy model...

  Yes, adding `cursorsProxyModel->sort(0);` and `iconsProxyModel->sort(0);` here works.
  Although, I think that would need to be done every time the data changes. (can that happen later on? I haven't looked at all the code...)

  Maybe it would be better to derive CursorThemesModel and IconThemesModel from QSortFilterProxyModel instead of QStandardItemModel, and keep the previous fix?
  Or maybe reimplement sort() in these classes, the base implementation of QStandardItemModel just does nothing if I read the docs correctly (that also means that the previous fix actually did nothing either).

  Just some thoughts, though.

REPOSITORY
  R99 KDE Gtk Configuration Tool