D15598: Sort icon and cursor themes case-insensitively

Wolfgang Bauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 20 09:55:56 BST 2018

wbauer added a comment.

  Well, I tried this patch (applied upon 4.13.90a) and it doesn't seem to change anything.
  I still get icon and cursor themes starting with a lower-case character sorted after all those with an upper-case character.

  I suppose that's because, according to the QSortFilterProxyModel docs, `At this point, neither sorting nor filtering is enabled; the original data is displayed in the view.`
  Apparently you need to explicitly call sort() on the proxy model...
  See http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qsortfilterproxymodel.html#details

  Regardless of that, using a QSortFilterProxyModel would render the previous fix (https://phabricator.kde.org/R99:7b56c23870798adbeb3f110eacae7f1020dcad6f) useless (as I see it there's no need to sort the model if it goes through QSFPM anyway), so it should be reverted here IMHO.

  Btw, the lower-case cursor themes I have installed ("handhelds", "redglass", "whiteglass") come from the (openSUSE) package xcursor-themes.
  From the package's README:

  > This is a default set of cursor themes for use with libXcursor,
  >  originally created for the XFree86 Project, and now shipped as part
  >  of the X.Org software distribution.
  >  The master development code repository can be found at:
  >
  >   git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/data/cursors
  >
  >   http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/data/cursors

  Although, just renaming or copying an existing cursor theme folder (they are in /usr/share/icons/) accordingly should suffice for testing as well.

REPOSITORY
  R99 KDE Gtk Configuration Tool