D15341: [Plasma Search KCM] Add a UI tab for editing shortcuts.

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 11 04:31:59 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D15341#323715 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15341#323715>, @smithjd wrote:

  > KRunner as a standalone application does much more than search for files. Therefore adding independent shortcut configurability isn't so hard to justify. Kicker/Kickoff and dolphin search text input shortcuts on the other hand are configurable globally already, and only perform a subset of what KRunner does.

  Can you explain why the fact that KRunner does more than the search fields in Kicker/Kickoff and Dolphin is a justification for allowing you to customize a small subset of the navigation shortcuts there, but not elsewhere? Help me understand where you're coming from. If you'd want to use [ctrl] + [e] and [ctrl] + [s]  (etc.) to navigate in KRunner, why wouldn't you want to use them elsewhere too? What's the difference?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop