D15093: Add WireGuard capability.

Jan Grulich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Sep 5 11:32:06 BST 2018

jgrulich added a comment.

  In D15093#320672 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15093#320672>, @andersonbruce wrote:

  > In D15093#320577 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15093#320577>, @jgrulich wrote:
  >

  > > Does wg-quick support both, like simple commands and script files? If so, we should support both as well, if it supports only commands/snippets, we should leave it as it is.

  >  Given this new information as well as the fact that there is a disconnect between what wg-quick wants and what the NM addon takes in, most notably, wg-quick specifically accepts multiple instances of each but the NM addon only allows one line of input.
  >
  > I would therefore propose that I remove all of the Pre/Post Up/Down entries for now since they won't do anything anyway and worry about adding them back in if the NM addon implements them properly and then match its implementation.

  Not sure this is a good plan either, problem is that once they are added, it will take for us some time to get them back and we will have to wait also for the next Plasma release, as you are not allowed to introduce new strings in stable releases.  I would keep them and hope that eventually they will get properly implemented by NM-Wireguard plugin. On the other hand, if those options are something not commonly used, it shouldn't bother anyone if we don't support them from the beginning. I'll leave this decision to you, I don't really have strong preference on this.

REPOSITORY
  R116 Plasma Network Management Applet