D15093: Add WireGuard capability.

Bruce Anderson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 25 07:05:32 BST 2018

andersonbruce added a comment.

  A couple of notes on the latest upload:

  1. I left the background color change code alone. Doing searches on changing widget background color, it looks like the preferred method is to use setPalette() which requires a QPalette, and after trying a couple of things I decided it made more sense to me to pass around two palettes by reference than to pass just the colors and create palettes when they were needed.

  2. I backed out the change that used a blank setting rather than the stored values. I agree that it would be nice to not hang on to any extraneous elements if they happened to be created by some other application but what I found was that I had somehow not tested it after making this change and when I did, I found that it had broken the entire "Advanced" widget settings. The problem is that if you start with a blank setting and don't open the Advanced Widget then all the settings in that are lost. To fix this I would have to duplicate a bunch of functionality in both widgets which I don't like doing. Also, if the underlying NetworkManager app adds something I think that it is probably better to not delete it if plasma-nm hasn't been updated yet so I ended up deciding to put it back to the way it was.

REPOSITORY
  R116 Plasma Network Management Applet