D16277: [ksmserver] Split xsession logout and shutdown into separate classes

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 17 17:28:07 BST 2018

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: Plasma.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
davidedmundson requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This commit splits ksmserver's xsession shutdown logic from performing
  the actual shutdown and running shutdown scripts and implement proposed
  org.kde.Shutdown interface.

  Intended longer term target is to move this to a separate executable.

  KSMServer's existing logout dbus method still exists for compatibility
  forwarding to the new interface.

  There are 2 minor behavioural changes.

  The shutdownMode property (which doesn't seem to do anything and is not
  exposed in our UI) is not kept.

  If you shutdown /whilst/ starting up somehow, previously we delayed
  showing the logout prompt, we now delay performing the actual logout.

TEST PLAN
  Logged out / shut down using the old API
  Logged out / shut down using the new DBus API

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  ksmserver_split