D16275: don't set a user if there is no user

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 17 16:31:32 BST 2018

sitter added a comment.

  I think ... since this gets put into the desktop file via `toDisplayString` and `toDisplayString` has the behavior that

  > With the default options, the resulting QString can be passed back to a QUrl later on, but any password that was present initially will be lost.

  what QUrl does is probably accurate. In that an empty QString is not a null QString, so if the goal is to reconstruct the same QUrl out of the string then encoding the empty username like that is reasonable. I've had a quick grep through rfc2396 and from a spec POV `@host == host` though.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  master